JUST BORN Fun Facts
- Just Born got its name when founder, Sam Born, proudly displayed in his store window an evolving line of daily-made candy, declaring them "just born".
- The chocolate grains sprinkled on ice cream, "Jimmies", were invented at Just Born, and named after the employee who made them.
PEEPS® Fun Facts
*IRI Multi-Outlet Data
- The PEEPS® Brand celebrated its 60th anniversary in 2013.
- In 1953, it took 27 hours to create one PEEPS® Marshmallow Chick. Today, thanks to advances in technology, it takes six minutes.
- Just Born produces enough PEEPS® Brand Marshmallow Candies in one year to circle the earth twice.
- In the late 1950s PEEPS® wings were "clipped" to give them a sleek, modern look.
- PEEPS® Brand Candies have been the #1 non-chocolate brand at Easter for more than 20 years*.
- Yellow is America's best selling color of PEEPS® Chicks and Bunnies.
- Yellow and white PEEPS® Chicks and Bunnies came first, followed by pink, lavender, blue, green and orange.
- If you had 8,000 PEEPS® Bunnies, and you stood them in a straight vertical line, you could reach the top of the Willis Tower (formerly the Sears Tower) in Chicago.
- Each PEEPS® Chick has 28 calories and Bunnies have 27.5 calories. Both have 0 grams of fat.
- Chocolate Dipped and Chocolate Covered PEEPS® Chicks were introduced for Easter 2010.
- PEEPS® branded products have made celebrity appearances on many programs including: Good Morning America, The Today Show, CBS Sunday Morning, The Early Show, Martha Stewart, The Ellen DeGeneres Show, South Park, Jeopardy and The Daily Show.
- Some celebrity PEEPS® fans include Justin Bieber, Miranda Cosgrove, Joe Jonas, and Dylan Lauren.
HOT TAMALES® Fun Facts
*IRI Multi-Outlet Data
- The HOT TAMALES® Brand is the #1 cinnamon candy brand in the US**
- Each HOT TAMALES® chewy candy has only 7 calories and 0 grams of fat.
- The HOT TAMALES® Brand was introduced in 1950.
- HOT TAMALES® have made star TV appearances on The Office, Jeopardy, Howard Stern, Food Network's 'Unwrapped', and FYI's 'Food Factory'.
- Some celebrity HOT TAMALES® fans include Sofia Vergara, Chris Pratt, Kam Chancellor, Stacey London, and Khloe Kardashian – DID YOU KNOW it would take 87,386 theater boxes to fill the entire Kardashian’s mansion?!
- From the first game to the final buzzer of March Madness, roughly 310 million HOT TAMALES® beans are produced.
- The weight of the Miami Heat’s starting lineup is equal to weight of nearly 300,000 pieces of HOT TAMALES® candies – that’s some hefty heat!
MIKE AND IKE® Fun Facts
*IRI Market Advantage: Everday Non Chocolate Candy 12 Weeks Ending 7-10-16
- If you lined up each piece of MIKE AND IKE® candies produced in one year end-to-end, they would reach around the earth 3 times!
- Each MIKE AND IKE® chewy candy has only 6 calories and 0 grams of fat.
- Red is the most preferred candy color by consumers, and MIKE AND IKE® has more than 10 shades to choose from.
- More than 8.7 million pices of MIKE AND IKE® candies are produced during a typical 7-hour school day.
- MIKE AND IKE® is the #1 non-chocolate theater box brand*
- MIKE AND IKE® candies have made celebrity TV appearances on Everybody Loves Raymond, 30 Rock, Family Guy, Limitless, and Saturday Night Live.
- Some famous MIKE AND IKE® fans include Miley Cyrus, Lamar Odom, Valerie Bertinelli, Steven Spielberg, and Venus Williams.
GOLDENBERG'S® PEANUT CHEWS®
- GOLDENBERG'S® PEANUT CHEWS® Brand candies were first made in Philadelphia, PA by the Goldenberg family in 1917.
- GOLDENBERG'S® PEANUT CHEWS® Brand candies were developed during World War I and used by the US Military as a rations bar. The high-energy, high-protein recipe and unique taste made it popular with the troops.
- GOLDENBERG'S® PEANUT CHEWS® was one of the first candy bar brands to offer sharable bite size pieces for portion control and convenience.
- GOLDENBERG'S® PEANUT CHEWS® are gluten free, and the Original Dark flavor is a popular treat with those following a vegan diet.
- More than half a million pieces of GOLDENBERG'S® PEANUT CHEWS® are made each day, with more than two and a half million pieces made each week!
- More than 131 million pieces of GOLDENBERG'S® PEANUT CHEWS® are made every year!
- Some famous GOLDENBERG'S® PEANUT CHEWS® fans include Bruce Willis, Ted Leo, Neil Diamond and Barbra Streisand.
PEEPS & COMPANY®
- PEEPS & COMPANY®, Just Born's first retail store, opened late in 2009 in National Harbor Maryland.
- In 2011, PEEPS & COMPANY® launched its NEW online store at www.peepsandcompany.com, featuring candy and merchandise from their signature candy brands, PEEPS®, HOT TAMALES®, MIKE AND IKE® and PEANUT CHEWS®.
- Late in 2011, PEEPS & COMPANY® opened its second retail store in Minnesota at Mall of America, and early in 2012, PEEPS & Company® opened the doors to its much anticipated Bethlehem, PA, store located near its headquarters.