Just Born Quality Confections strives to bring sweetness to the communities where we live and work. Our corporate granting program allows us to be a catalyst for change by bringing smiles to our community, nurturing kids, helping families in need, and being a collaborative partner.
When applying for our grants, please know, particular interest will be paid to programs that specifically help underprivileged, underserved, and underrepresented children and families.
Our purpose is to bring sweetness to people’s lives and can only be fully realized by pledging to value all people, all races, all cultures, all religions, all love, all genders and all abilities, because Together We Are Better. As part of our commitment to DEI, we will provide at least 15% of our funds to non-profits with diverse leadership reflecting the communities they serve.
Grants range in size from $1,000 – $10,000. The average grant is between $2,500 – $5,000. If you are a new grantee, the average grant is $2,500. Please know, the amount awarded may be different than what is requested due to the availability of funds.
We have two yearly grant cycles.
- Opens January 1st
- Closes June 30th
- Reviewed by End of August or Early September
- Notification & Allocation by End of September
- Opens July 1st
- Closes December 31st
- Reviewed by End of February or Early March
- Notification & Allocation by End of March
Geographic Locations Eligible for Just Born Quality Confections Grants:
- Northampton County, PA
- Lehigh County, PA
- 10 Mile Radius of Goldenberg’s® Peanut Chews® Plant in the State of Pennsylvania
As a general rule, Just Born Quality Confections is unable to provide grants to the following:
- Community events or festivals
- Fraternal, athletic, and social clubs or programs
- Contributions directly to individuals
- Animal Shelters
- Churches or Religious Programs
Please review our DEI Statement
We are committed to building partnerships with those aligned with our statement below.
At Just Born Quality Confections, we pledge to create a workplace where associates feel inspired to bring their whole selves to work.
We are committed to acting boldly with integrity, authenticity, and humility to listen, learn and grow. Part of this commitment includes creating an equitable environment for all associates and advocating for those whose voices are historically and chronically marginalized.
Our purpose is to bring sweetness to people’s lives and can only be fully realized by pledging to value all people, all races, all cultures, all religions, all love, all genders and all abilities, because Together We Are Better.
Providing academic opportunities for youth in our community helps to prepare them for a stable and productive future. Just Born Quality Confections is dedicated to supporting organizations that provide or supplement a high-quality education. It is highly recommended that funded programs have an academic component with demonstrated academic outcomes.
Programs supported by our Education grants include, but are not limited to:
- Early Childhood Education
- School Readiness
- Early Diagnosis of Learning Disabilities
- Literacy Initiatives – Especially those aimed at reading by a 3rd grade level
- STEM/STEAM Initiatives
- Summer Learning Opportunities
- College Preparatory Programs
- Career Readiness Programs
- Programs that improve & increase academic achievement, school attendance, and positive social behavior
- Inclusion programs
Health and Human Services
Just Born Quality Confections supports programs that strive to meet the basic needs of our vulnerable and/or underserved populations. These programs should promote character building, encourage mental and physical health, create safe neighborhoods, improve food access, improve access to shelter/housing, and promote equitable opportunities for socially and economically disadvantaged children and families.
Programs supported by our Health and Human Service grants include, but are not limited to:
Nutrition and Food Access
- Programs that increase access to sufficient and nutritious food
- Meal service programs that ensure homebound people have access to nutritious food
- Projects that increase cold storage and handling or that make other modifications necessary to serve more people
Health Care Needs
- Providing medical care to unhoused populations
- Nurse Family Partnership programs
- Health Education Programs
- Mobile Healthcare Programs
- Mindfulness and Mental Health Initiatives
- Pediatric Therapy Programs – (e.g.: Equine and Developmental therapy…)
- Programs serving individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Programs enabling older adults to remain independent
Trauma, Abuse, and Safety
- Programs that support trauma informed practices
- Programs that reduce the long-term traumatic effects of abuse and exposure to community violence.
- Domestic violence programs that provide safe shelter, counseling, legal assistance, and other support services.
- Shelter for those fleeing physical, mental, economic, and sexual abuse.
- Prevention and treatment programs that strive to reduce, and alleviate the effects of, sexual and physical abuse and human trafficking
- Drug education and prevention programs
Community Building and Development
Just Born Quality Confections believes that behind every successful business is a strong community. We support causes that encourage community collaboration and improve the general well-being of our community. Programs supported by Community Building grants should invest in people by increasing skills, knowledge, abilities or well-being, and strengthen community resources.
Programs supported by our Community Building grants include, but are not limited to:
- Stable affordable housing for individuals, children, and families
- Emergency Shelter
- Rapid Re-housing programs that include case management, limited financial assistance, job services, and career development
- Housing for veterans, young adults with developmental disabilities, those escaping domestic violence, and other vulnerable populations
- Services that allow young adults with disabilities and seniors to live independently at home
- Job-training programs that collaborate with local businesses to educate students on high-priority occupations and career pathways. Particular interest will be placed on programs supporting workforce development in the field of manufacturing.
- Life-skills and job-readiness training
- Hard and soft-skills training
- Paid internship opportunities
- Opportunities for young adults with disabilities who are transitioning from a school environment into the workplace
- Programs to reduce recidivism and encourage job readiness
Financial Literacy and Economic Stability
Financial coaching programs to help participants decrease debt, increase savings, and set long-term financial goals.
Environmental, Conservation & Sustainability
Just Born Quality Confections invests in initiatives that foster sustainable communities. This includes projects that protect threatened ecosystems, preserve the health of our planet, and promote environmental education.
Programs supported by our Environmental, Conservation & Sustainability grants include, but are not limited to:
- Programs to protect and restore our waterways and preserve land
- Opportunities for children to participate in nature-based programming
- Environmental education initiatives
- Waste reduction and recycling programs
Arts & Culture
The arts bring us joy, help us express our values, and build bridges between cultures. They are also a fundamental component of a healthy community. They strengthen us socially, educationally, and economically. Programs supported by our Arts and Culture grants should increase access to the arts, preserve history, and help enhance the overall cultural climate in our community.
Programs supported by our Arts and Culture grants include, but are not limited to:
- Music and art education
- Improving access to the arts
- Participation in visual, theatrical and musical arts
- Conservation of arts and culture
- Art therapy
Contact InformationJust Born, Inc.
Corporate Affairs Department
1300 Stefko Boulevard
Bethlehem, PA 18017-6672
Phone: (484) 934-2122
If you are unable to access the application online, please contact Meg Dowd, Corporate Affairs Manager at 484-934-2122 or email@example.com. We will work together to ensure you have the same access to the application as those who apply online.